inSSIDer is an open source software is completely cost-free, which allows you to determine how many and which communications are in progress on the frequency spectra available to be put in Wi-Fi connections. The program allows you to check which interference may be present and to optimize the parameters used by your wireless connection.
After installing, you must choose - acting Channel option graph - the frequency spectrum of interest: 2.4 or 5 GHz. The choice depends on the Wi-Fi router that you are using: in the case of compatible devices 802.11 and we can choose, for example, both frequency bands while in the case of 802.11g only the 2.4 GHz.
The program shows, in real time, the employment spectrum, and the powers of the various Wi-Fi signals detected. To get a complete overview of the signals detected in the vicinity, you may need to wait for a few minutes. Looking at the graph shown by inSSIDer in the main window (bottom right), you can check if there are more signals superimposed over Wi-Fi. In the event that your Wi-Fi router would use the same wireless channel as well as other nearby devices may result in malfunctions due to signal overlap.
- Select a better funnel for the WI-fi.
- Measure WI-fi signal strength.
- Make certain your WI-file is safe.
- Get visibility to your WI-fi atmosphere.
- Easy to use.
- Saves precious time.
inSSIDer Technical Setup Details:
- Software Full Name: inSSIDer
- Software File Name: inSSIDer_wifihelper_install.msi
- Software Setup Full Size: 4.3MB
- License: Free Trial
- Developers: inSSIDer
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8, 8.1
- Hard Disk: 1000MB Need
- RAM: 512MB Need
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e7500 or faster