After more than a year of development work, the Slackware version 14.1 has been released. It is equipped with the Linux kernel 3.10.17 - ie with a long futures Support (LTS) version. In the x86-64er-line Slackware can now be installed and booted on systems with UEFI firmware. For more information, as always, can be found on the English Slackware site (see here top left " News ").
To support Slackware, which hardly comes to funds otherwise, it would be nice if you maybe an official Slackware DVD release or a T Buy t-shirt would (for more information see left at Get Slack ).
For the software packages, a new format was introduced: the tgz package format was replaced with the TXZ package format (this is not supported by older slapt-get and slackpkg versions - so this in old installations , the new slackware13 packets should receive, update, as far as possible).
Slackware’s boot prompt is generally employed for entering specific parameters, in case you've got a old computer. Otherwise, you need to just hit Enter in the boot prompt to begin the written text mode installer.
Overall, Slackware is an extremely fast, stable and reliable Linux distribution that may be changed in anything you like. It's really a high-performance server solution or perhaps a modern desktop workstation. We advise it for skilled Linux customers who have finished individuals OSes produced for people.
- Free Linux distribution system.
- Provides foundation of SUSE A linux systemunix.
- maintain stability and ease of designs.
- Guarantees minimum alterations in your designs.
- Just use text files and small scripts for administration and configuration.
- Has great support for running reliable web FTP and Email servers.
- Boot prompt can be used as entering specific parameters.
- Great focus on simplicity.
- Full Name of software: Slackware
- Version : 14.0
- Setup File Size: 2.3 GB
- Installer Type: offline
- System type : 32bits/64bits
- License : Free Trail
- Developer: Slackware
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8
- RAM: 256MB.
- Hard Disk: 100MB of free space required.
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 or more.